- 1 head of escarole, torn into large pieces
- 2 bacon slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 5.5-ounce log soft fresh goat cheese, crumbled
Divide escarole among plates. Cook bacon until crisp. Reserve skillet with bacon drippings, chop bacon and set aside. Add shallots to bacon drippings and sauté until softened. Add olive oil and vinegar and whisk just until heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle vinaigrette over escarole. Sprinkle with eggs, goat cheese, and bacon.